SHOW NOTES FROM OUR DEBUT!!!
This week, on the inaugural episode of the Middle Ages Podcast, Rebecca and Robin tackle tips for not giving a duck, how to go gray gracefully (and how to spell it), what’s falling apart on them, king-sized beds, and why the world needs more John Krasinski.
- Should you care what people think of you in the Middle Ages? Listen to how Rebecca turned the words of a nasty internet troll into a daily affirmation and favorite coffee mug. Robin shared some tips for learning how to worry less about what people think of her (though she has yet to master the fine art of not falling off chairs). Rebecca’s recommended read: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson.
- In our weekly round-up, Robin shared some back to school tips for procrastinators. It’s a big year as her oldest child is about to graduate from High School. Also, unless you’re Luis Zamperini, you’re not that amazing.
- Growing Old Gray-cefully (see what we did there?) – Rebecca shared some insights about her decision to ditch the hair dye and go gray. You can also watch her progress and join the movement at Facebook Gray AF!
- In our new segment “Everything Hurts and I’m Dying,” listen to how Robin is slowly turning into a hobbit and Rebecca survived a trackerjacker attack.
- What We’re Watching This Week – Robin’s on a John Krasinski kick. Check out season one of Jack Ryan. Rebecca recommended something smart, dense, and depressing on Netflix. Check out season one of Dark.
- Finally, in this segment of “Over It,” Robin discussed how she is done with traditional shopping (spoiler alert, she hates talking to people and wearing clothes without elastic). The sisters reveal the riskiest things they’ve bought online.
Join us next episode where we’ll discuss some of our best tips for mastering the “Side Hustle” (we swear, it’s way better than that 70’s dance your grandma made you learn).