Did you know about Sarah Hale? That SHE’S why we’re eating Turkey, having a short week, and taking a moment, collectively, as one nation, to be thankful. She also was the Oprah and Martha Stewart of her day AND she didn’t get the job that would make her the original “influencer” until she was forty, a widow, and a mother of five. Listen to this Thanksgiving Special – The Middle Ages Style!
Artwork for Gwyneth Paltrow Rebrands Menopause
THE MIDDLE AGES PODCAST Gwyneth Paltrow Rebrands Menopause
30 00:00:00 30 Subscribe to This Show Download This Episode Embed This Player Share This Episode
This week, on the third episode of the Middle Ages Podcast, Rebecca and Robin have a few words for their twenty-something selves, Gwyneth Paltrow, and winged maxi pads.
• What’s been happening this week? Rebecca had a Very Big Week with a book signing event and Robin just wants to figure out what to wear.
• In Middle-Aged news, Gwyneth Paltrow is rebranding menopause. The sisters disagree on what to think about all of that.
• Rebecca shares an article she found asking forty-year-old women what they would tell their twenty-year-old selves. Robin just wishes her twenty-year-old self would chill the hell out.
• Election Talk! Don’t worry, it’s not scary. It’s a big day for women in Congress, tampons in Nevada, and pot-smoking in Michigan.
• In this week’s “Everything Hurts, and I’m Dying” segment, Rebecca tries spinning (NOT the good kind), and Robin can’t work car doors.
• This week, Robin is OVER handing out Halloween candy. She’s got a pretty good reason and we promise, no innocent doggies (or children) were hurt in the making of this segment.
• What We’re Watching – Rebecca is rejoicing at the end of Droughtlander. Season 4 of Starz’s Outlander is underway and we love our Jamie! Robin’s binge watch of old Laverne & Shirley episodes has given her renewed appreciation for the middle-aged awesomeness of Edna Babbish.
Join us next episode where we’ll debut a brand new segment featuring kickass women through The Middle Ages. First up, Betty Garrett.
SHOW NOTES FROM OUR DEBUT!!!
This week, on the inaugural episode of the Middle Ages Podcast, Rebecca and Robin tackle tips for not giving a duck, how to go gray gracefully (and how to spell it), what’s falling apart on them, king-sized beds, and why the world needs more John Krasinski.
- Should you care what people think of you in the Middle Ages? Listen to how Rebecca turned the words of a nasty internet troll into a daily affirmation and favorite coffee mug. Robin shared some tips for learning how to worry less about what people think of her (though she has yet to master the fine art of not falling off chairs). Rebecca’s recommended read: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson.
- In our weekly round-up, Robin shared some back to school tips for procrastinators. It’s a big year as her oldest child is about to graduate from High School. Also, unless you’re Luis Zamperini, you’re not that amazing.
- Growing Old Gray-cefully (see what we did there?) – Rebecca shared some insights about her decision to ditch the hair dye and go gray. You can also watch her progress and join the movement at Facebook Gray AF!
- In our new segment “Everything Hurts and I’m Dying,” listen to how Robin is slowly turning into a hobbit and Rebecca survived a trackerjacker attack.
- What We’re Watching This Week – Robin’s on a John Krasinski kick. Check out season one of Jack Ryan. Rebecca recommended something smart, dense, and depressing on Netflix. Check out season one of Dark.
- Finally, in this segment of “Over It,” Robin discussed how she is done with traditional shopping (spoiler alert, she hates talking to people and wearing clothes without elastic). The sisters reveal the riskiest things they’ve bought online.
Join us next episode where we’ll discuss some of our best tips for mastering the “Side Hustle” (we swear, it’s way better than that 70’s dance your grandma made you learn).